In any city in the world there is a place that is popular with citizens and where visitors and tourists flock to enjoy the beautiful view. Such beauty exists in Bukhara, where residents of the city come to rest from a hard day’s work and this place is called Lyab-i Hauz. This place was popular even in ancient times, all because there was a pond there, so translated into the Russian word "Pond".
In ancient times, this place was the only open space in the city, for this reason, it was always lively and attracted a large number of people. All other parts of Bukhara at that time were too densely built up and there was practically no free space in the city, except for the square where Lyabi-Hauz is located.
Due to the excellent microclimate, the shade of trees and places for recreation, the reservoir has become widely known. It should be noted that the reservoir is filled due to the flow of water from the Shahrud canal.
In the past, holidays were celebrated at this place, surrounding the area of the shop, they were decorated with various decorations and lights were lit. The modern city also honors the traditions, here and to this day held folk festivals. In addition, along the street are shops with souvenirs, as well as artists and musicians, tourists willingly come to see the pond. It is worth noting that right there in the park is a monument to Khoja Nasreddin (known as Afandi).
It is worth noting that the very first structure at the site of the reservoir appears in 1569, namely, Kukeldash Madrasa. As time passes, other buildings, such as the khanaka, caravanserai and others, are beginning to be built nearby. Labi-Hauz himself appears in 1619-1620. The initiator of the construction is such a person as the vizier Nadir Divan-begi.
The pond miraculously avoids draining in the 20s of the last century, the architectural structure saves its artistic value. Most of the houses in those years were drained due to the fact that they were distributors of various diseases. During the Soviet era, after the 45th year, on the site of the reservoir create a sports arena, where various competitions were held.
But, in the 50s, there is a fire, a huge shop located next to it burns to the ground, after which the decision is made to fill the reservoir again and make an ordinary fountain out of it. In this form, the Labi-House reached our days.
Most importantly, the pond is surrounded by three magnificent and beautiful architectural masterpieces, built in the 16-17th century, namely Kukeldash Madrasa, Nadir Divan-Begi and Khanaka, and the place itself is a central figure of architectural magic.